Red Sea REEF-SPEC Carbon
Red Sea REEF-SPEC Carbon is the ultimate choice for marine & reef aquariums due to its unique technical characteristics, its granule size, and its micro/macro porous structure, which ensures a very high total adsorption capacity and rapid extraction of the specific organic pollutants that are found in Reef aquariums.
REEF-SPEC Carbon has extremely low phosphate leaching and minimal ash content while also not affecting the pH of aquarium water.
Red Sea REEF-SPEC™ Carbon needs replacing less frequently than carbons that are not reef-specific or are of a lower quality and represents an effective, cost-efficient solution for providing the very best water quality in marine & reef aquariums.
- Rapid removal of organic pollutants
- High total adsorption capacity
- Ultra-Low phosphate output
- Ultra-Low ash content
- Suitable for Marine & Freshwater
- Filter Bag included( 250g, 500g, 1000g)
The adsorption activity of the carbon media relies on a good carbon/water contact and therefore moderately active water flow will increase the efficiency. Strong water flow will reduce the contact time and interfere with the adhesion process of the organic molecules to the carbon. Strong water flow may also cause the granules to grind against each other, releasing carbon material to water.
For best results:
- Remove any fines, by rinsing carbon under tap water.
- Due to air trapped in the pores carbon will float and therefore it is recommended to soak the carbon in RO water until all of the air has been released.
- Place the carbon in a location with an active flow of 1000-1500 lph (250-400 gph) per 50 gr carbon.
- Replace carbon every 1.5 - 2 months. Note: When carbon becomes saturated with organics, it may start adsorbing some of the trace elements from the seawater.